I'm running feisty, if you care.
Steps! This is how to do it:
$ sudo aptitude install network-manager-pptp
- Right click -> Remove on the network icon in your systray.
- Alt-f2 -> Run 'nm-applet'
- Left click on the new network icon -> VPNS -> Configure
- Add a VPN with the wizard.
- The VPN will not appear until you do this:
$ /etc/dbus-1/event.d/25NetworkManager restart
$ /etc/dbus-1/event.d/26NetworkManagerDispatcher restart
- Left click Network Icon -> VPNS -> The VPN you just created.
$ sudo tail -f /var/log/syslogto discover if it worked.
Yay for guis that make everything easy...
I wish I was being sarcastic. I know how much of a hell setting up pptp clients used to be.